Wednesday, December 12, 2018

My City Of Heroes Timeline: Part 1

‎Large game updates to City Of Heroes were called Issues. In this post I will talk a bit how they influenced me.

In June 2007 I received the Good vs. Evil Edition as a birthday present from my friend Tor. I installed the game and created Gromar.

The edition had some cool costumes and two amazing powers: the Pocket D VIP Pass (teleport to Pocket D), and the Jump Pack.These travel powers were a big help to all of my characters.

When I joined the game Issue 9 was active. I remember using the auction house and learning to craft things at the University. I had fun doing things from earlier issues such as police band missions.

Issue 10 brought Rikti Invasion events. These were both fun and and could be annoying if they interfered with regular missions. The invasions were good for experience and for the Watchman Badge.

The Elusive Mind power associated with the badge was a big help for characters (like Gromar) who didn't have protection from psionics.

The badge also unlocked the Rikti Axe which became Gromar's favourite weapon.

One of the most important updates for me was Issue 11. This was because it introduced the Willpower powerset for melee types.

Willpower became my favourite armour type because it was sturdy and adaptable to many different character ideas. It was great for testing out new powersets because I could rely on it while learning the new set.

During this time I created Mickey Fist a Willpower/Fiery melee tank. He became my favourite character to play and my base designer. He was tough and just seemed to fit me. I would have probably written about him if I had kept blogging in 2007.

I will continue this discussion in later posts.



No comments: