Monday, December 10, 2018

Coming To Paragon City: Part 1

Gromar's Story:

After Lee showed me his old diary I went searching through my stuff for mementos. There wasn't much but I found a photo of me in my first hero costume. What a flood of memories that produced.

I grew up in a small Canadian town in the middle of nowhere. My parents died when I was 18 and I moved in with my aunt and uncle.

Uncle Bob had been a hero called Cougar Canuck. He only had a few magic powers and his wits but he managed to help many people. He was saving trapped miners when an explosion caused a cave-in and injured him. He lost most of his powers but managed to rescue the miners. He decided it was time to retire after that incident.

Aunt Martha was a seer and said I would be a hero but I wasn't so sure. I had some cold related powers but they had developed late. The only skill I had was using an ax. I learned that from my uncle.

The summer I turned 23 was a restless one for me.I needed a change but felt obligated to help my aunt and uncle. When things got tense I would sit in the sweat lodge we had built.

One evening I had a spirit vision in the sweat lodge telling me to go to Paragon City. It was very intense and after talking to my relatives I decided to go.

My uncle gave me his ax and his cougar mask - or what was left of it - and my aunt whipped up a leather costume. It wasn't pretty but it would do until I could afford better.

No comments: