Wednesday, December 12, 2018

An Axe A Day...

Gromar's Story:

Remembering my old costumes got me thinking about my old axes. I have had several over the years but I only keep two of them mounted on the wall.

The first is the battle axe I got from my uncle. It looks a bit battered now but could still stop a villain or two. It stopped quite a few villains over the years.

My uncle had a silly saying: "An axe a day keeps the villains away". Axes inspire visions of violence and retribution. Crooks don't like losing body parts. You don't always have to use lethal force but your axe says you can if you need to. The old battle axe still looks deadly.

The second axe is one I took from a Rikti officer I defeated during an invasion attempt in Talos. It has a very large blade but is surprisingly light and agile. It looks as deadly as the battle axe but adds another layer of mystique - I had to defeat powerful foes to obtain it.

The Rikti Axe was my main weapon for the remainder of my time in Paragon City. When we evacuated I had a copy made and put this one on my wall.

When I was looking at my Rikti Axe Lee asked why none of his weapons were hung on the wall. I said they were best kept in the freezer or they would melt. Lee said they had been but were now in my drink. Ice blasters. Sheesh.:)


Gromar with his Rikti Axe.

Note: The Rikti Axe could be unlocked by acquiring the Watchman Badge.

No comments: