Monday, October 1, 2007

Clearing Clockwork

Lee's Diary:

I've been getting a lot of missions dealing with Clockwork lately. Those robots are real pests because they crawl over buildings stealing metal and whatever else they need. They can be dangerous to anyone who gets in their way.

My first "street cleaning" mission was in Steel Canyon near the university. The Clockwork were on the rooftops of Subgenetics and neighbouring businesses. When I checked the area there weren't any robots around. I could have tried elsewhere but I knew I could handle what I found in this area. Furthermore I had other commitments and didn't want to get bogged down in a non-critical operation.

I teamed up with a fellow named Jason Atreides for a short time. He also had a quota to fill. We defeated several Clockwork and the others left the area. I went into Subgenetics to sell some of the stuff I found on the robots and they were happy to have someone helping out.

My second street mission was in Boomtown. I had never been there before and was appalled at the destruction I saw. The war was bad for Boomtown.

I found some Clockwork easily enough after I avoided the Trolls and Outcasts. (I like having Stealth!). Most of them scanned blue or white for me but there were four yellow Tesla Knights. They may have defeated me if a Defender (?) named Captain Torvec hadn't been passing by. He healed me and boosted my powers. I can see why so many teams advertise for Defenders.

These last few days have been busy and I am wicked tired.

Notes:

Scanned - in the game enemy names appear in different colours depending on how tough they are compared to your hero. The colours are gray,green,blue,white,yellow,orange,red, and purple. The difficulty ranges from Gray (easy) to Purple ( very difficult) with white being approximately your character's level.

In these stories a character scans by accessing a microchip brain implant (usually) or some inherent power.

Streethunting Missions (also called hunting or streetcleaning) - A character must defeat a specific number of enemies. The enemies may be from any zone, a particular zone, or even a specific neighbourhood within a zone.

Quota/Bounty - a rationale for the streethunting missions I use for my fiction.

Teams - if two people (or more) have the same streethunting the defeated enemies count for both of their missions.

No comments: