Monday, October 1, 2007

The Ambush

Gromar's Story:

I had just finished a mission and I was tired. I decided to phone my contact rather than meet with her. I stood in a quiet spot in the train station in Founder's Falls. I didn't expect any problems because the stations are fairly secure and are protected by police bots.

I only talked with my contact for a few minutes. We discussed the mission and roughly planned our next move. After the call ended I checked the police scanner to see if there was anything going on. If there was, and it wasn't urgent, I could accept the mission and deal with it in the morning.

As I scanned the reports I heard the police bots fire their lasers. I looked up and saw a Nightwolf climb onto the exit ramp. He saw me and charged!

I met the beast in the middle of the room and we fought. I could hear people getting off the train scream in panic. I wanted to protect them as well as myself and I hit the werewolf as hard and as fast as I could.

In less than a minute the fight was over and I assured people things were okay. Police arrived and I gave a brief report and promised to give a detailed one in the morning. I finally got on the train and made it home without any more excitement.

I should have known The Council would be monitoring my contact's phone. They have an uncanny ability to keep tabs on heroes and almost always attack when they feel someone is "interfering" in their affairs. I'll have to remember that their werewolves are fast enough and strong enough to get into the train stations without going near the police bots.

You can't let your guard down in Paragon City.

Notes:

Train stations are usually safe places. Ambushes do occur around them but I had never seen a fight inside one - until now. During the fight one hero got out of the train. I didn't chat with her but I can imagine her surprise when she found herself almost walking into a battle.

No comments: