Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Teen Heroes

Lee's Diary:

Sunday Oct. 14

I went to the dance last night at 8 and stayed until it was over at 1. I had an awesome time and danced with some guys!!!!

The dance was put on by Teen Hero magazine to celebrate their first anniversary. There were some speeches and awards given.

The Hero of the Month award went to Kid Freak - one of the guys who took on the Hellions in Perez Park and arrested many of them. The Hellions had stormed a wedding and both the bride and groom were killed. Arresting criminals is everyday work but the newspapers liked the story I guess.

There is an interview with Kid Freak in the latest issue. I was interviewed too but mine didn't get printed. I wondered if it was because I was a runaway but I found out from the reporter that mine would have been printed if there had been space.

There was a funny moment when a guy named Jonstarr received the "Most Determined New Hero" award. Jonstarr said that he had been defeated six times during his first mission and quit being a hero to help run his family's restaurant. Food was easier to levitate than villains. The woman asked Jonstarr to use his powers and levitate the award instead of taking it from her by hand. Jonstarr concentrated and her dress went up instead of the award! She yelped and held it down and everyone laughed.

The music was great but many freakpunks (including Kid Freak) left because it was too lame by their standards. They have no taste anyway.

I met lots of new friends and sat with them. This guy named Tankboy sat with his "harem" (his term) of girls and sang dirty songs. Another named Pookstein (Reggie Pook) showed us magic tricks.

Pookstein is nice. He's 18 and gay too. I danced with him a couple of times and had fun. One of his friends said "Watch out Pooky he's Jailbait!". We laughed but I could have killed the jerk.

I had an awesome time and was too excited to sleep when I got home. I hope to hang out with my new friends.

Notes:

Kid Freak, Pookstein, and Tankboy are characters of mine. Jonstarr is just a name I created for this piece.

I played Kid Freak on a street hunting team in Perez Park. We all got the badge for defeating Hellions and I got enough experience to go up two levels - all for a few hours work.

No comments: